Hmm...

Hi hi Bee..

How have you been?

Happy Thursday!!!

So, the weekend, huh?

Remember the polished-English-funds-soliciting Baba I spoke about sometime back?
It would appear that my colleague has also run into him.
Hmm.. The people in your neighborhood indeed.

Kai!! Something really embarrassing happened to me today.

My phone has been acting up and I guess it gave me the day off today, because it has been behaving itself...well, at least to an extent.

So, I haven't really been visible on BBM and when the phone took the day off its antics today, I was thinking of people who've been really nice to me at some point or the other, and I remembered some old acquaintances ( I guess that's the term now, after what happened).

One, to be exact; because she helped me at work, while I was still getting used to my sea legs.
So, I thought it would be nice to call her and just say Hi and Thank You.

Na there the tori start.

I called her and with a smile in my voice, I say hi. I even introduced myself o! (Who i be wey I go expect say na everybody go remember save my number) ( I know, my pidgin is appalling)

Next thing I hear,

' Who am I speaking with? Ok?? Thank you for the call, would that be all? Is that all?'

My brora( in my thickest Cross River accent) na so my jaw drop.


I was flabberwhelmed and kujaggasted!!!

Who sen me work?????????

Kai!!!!

I no do again.

Hmm...

While it didn't stop me from still doing the rounds( albeit a rather shorttttttttt one- I stopped after the next 2 people. Liver no even gree me call!! Na so so chat I bere si n lo) it made me pause and re- evaluate the essence of checking on others sometimes.

I know I can be veryyyyyy introverted.
I'll talk when you're there but if you're out of sight, I wouldn't want to disturb you so I'll stay away.
 Bad habit. Which I'm trying to break!
But my dear, you no teh me say na so o!

Guess lesson learned would be to try and be a good friend, akwaya?

Hmm.. I go jejeli resket (respect) myself o!

Maybe she thought I wanted to ask for something.. Funds maybe.

Chai!

Don't mind me o!

I'm still flabberwhelmed.

Serious ela olo oju kan!!!!

Rollingonthefloorlaughingmybacksideoff.

Ooin!!!



Cee 

Comments

  1. That must have hurt....try this...instead of the call, send a personalised text message....not bbm chat o! Ilike this option cos I feel it sends the message that "hey, I dont wannat disturb u or pressure you into talking to me, but you came to my mind and I wish to check on you"...simples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi HoneyDame.

      Thank you plentyyyyy!

      I would have tried that o! You see, the thing with me is I hide alottle behinds written words; SMS, emails, chats. I'm in my element with written words.
      Now, spoken words? If it's a formal event and I have to give a speech, maybe. Otherwise..hmm.. Error. I thought the call was a good idea. Turned out I was wrong. :)
      Maybe henceforth, I'll just stick to what I know :D

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts