Happy Mothers' Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohla and a Happy Mothers' Day!!!!!!!!

Hi hi hi hi ...

YEs, I snuck back in( I see what you're trying to do there. Take the path of ignore-and-hope-no-one-notices. Not that it isn't working).

So, what haff high missed hout horn? ( Zchef Fronk,hehehehehe).

Ok, so I've been MIA as usual and it is Mothers' Day; all Sunday from March the 15th to the last Sunday in May or sometime in mid June ( I usually just keep wishing me mom a Happy Mothers' Day every Sunday from the first time I hear it. She can't possiby hear it enough now, can she? Hehehehehe. I can disturb her sha! But if I don't disturb her, who will???)

I'm thankful for a million and one things and I can't thank God enough. Thank you God o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm such a clown.

Oh well..

Back to 'Female In Progress...'

*********************************************************************************

A week after the unveiling of the dimpled dude, which is what I've taken to calling him

now; I'm off to the upper floor on some errand of sorts. While I'm waiting in the outer 

office,  I take the time to call my girlfriend/best friend /gist-mate.

"Buzz,Buzz."

"Hi hi Sleeping Beauty."

"Said the spider to the fly. We can't all have the privilege of holding down a job that 

entails you working in shifts! "

"Abeg! Leave it be o!" Yawning and probably stretching too, I think."So when are you 

coming by my house again?! I never see you these days!

"The story of my life. Babes, I'm lucky to even have this moment to myself. Chatting is 

a luxury. I can't do it at work because I'm up to my neck with work and Sundays which 

are my only days off, I'd rather sleep! The only reason I'm on my phone now is because 

I'm waiting to see some being..."

I flip the envelope to see the name  on it 

".....some Gbeyiwa Lloyds person. And to think I've been chatting with you this long and 

he isn't out yet..." I look up and see the dimpled dude standing across the room,flashing 

his dimples as usual.

"Babes,I'll call you later,pls!"

Hanging up and wondering how long he'd been standing there listening to me blab, I 

stand up so fast my head spins. 

"Oh hi," I say brightly. "I didn't see you there.."

"If it isn't girl with the phone. Fancy meeting you again and on my floor too. State your 

mission to gain entry."

I'm in no mood for his word games and so tell him to point me in the direction 

of HRM Sir Lloyds, The Gallant or his office better still. I'm already cranky at the 

thought of work piling on my desk in my absence and so I'm surprised when Didi holds 

his hand out to shake me??

Politely yet firmly, I snap, “I know we haven't been formerly introduced. But this is 

neither the place nor time for it. If you'd point me in the right direction,  I'd be on my 

way and out of your hair, thank you!"

Still smiling with flashing dimples, he walks me down the hallway and up the stairs. I'm 

not sure he realizes how close I am to smacking him on the head with my envelope in 

hand. I stare daggers into his back and tap him or rather poke him to say, 'You really 

don't have to go with me, you know. I work here too and can find my way like everyone 

else'

For all my talk, I wouldn't know one office from another if he'd pointed it out. 

Hmm...

This is another section of the office buildings I'd never ventured into. It looked really 

calm and everyone was busy in open office cubicles and then nicely furnished offices 

with fresh flowers too! Where have I been roasting!?!

We go up one more floor and I'm wondering if he isn't taking me on a wild goose 

chase,when we stop in front of an office with glass panels for walls; same as the others 

we had seen since coming this high up.

He reaches to open the door and I give him a rather stiff smile. When he makes to 

enter the office, I reach out slightly to touch his arm.

"That would be all,thank you."

From the glass panels, the room is visible to all and I wouldn't want the Mr. Lloyds to 

walk in on us chatting in his office, in his absence.

I turn my back on the door and look around only to see him going round the desk to the 

other side! This dude isn't drunk is he!?! It's too early in the day to be playing such 

risky pranks fa!

"What do you think you're doing?!" I finally manage to get out through clenched teeth.

"You did say you had to see a Mr Lloyds,right?"

I still am half confused and half seething when I glance downwards at the desk to see a 

name plaque with the name, "G. LLOYDS” on it. I still don't get what game he's playing 

when the door opens and the Assistant Group Manager walks in.

"Elle,you're here? Please forward those figures to me, ASAP. Boss, I need to talk this 

Strategy Assessment plan out with you first before we send......... "

I space out for a sec. Did he just say boss? Dude's my boss' boss two times over!

I make quick my escape while he has Didi occupied and don't even turn when I hear what 

sounds like my name. This time, I use the elevator and I'm at my desk, hands flying over 

my keyboard.

"G. Lloyds, Lloyds...” I mutter under my breath as I type into the company's Microsoft Lync. The 

name comes up and so does the face.

Oh goodness gracious! I don gone and did myself in!

It's him! 

Didi is Gbeyiwa Lloyds!

********************************************************************************

Grinning-from-ear-to-ear-with-glee.

I can't wait to get some Mothers' Day Ice-cream.

To all Moms; May God bless and keep you always and in every way.

Amen!

Loads of hugs to M.Uwagwe!!!!!! She's the bestest Mom ever!!!!!

Cee.

Comments

Popular Posts