Forget Me Not

Sometimes? You forget why you don't do certain things;

*Why you don't wear that dress,
* Why you don't eat that snack
*Why you don't eat nuts
*Why you don't talk back when some unique being is ranting( because Mmadu abuo anaghi agbakata ara otu mgbe)
*Why you stopped being friends with so so so
*why you don't ignore your gut feeling
*Why you don't chat with or talk to so so so....

The list is, surprisingly endless..

Often times, we forget to remember why we don't do certain things and, when the thing in question presents itself and we go against our better judgement and do those acts???? It comes back to bite us in the butt, leaving a very clear picture WHY we don't do said acts.

*Humming* 
# and it's all coming back to you nowwwwwwww#

Today was (it's still today though) one of those days.

I updated an app on my phone and I think it sent out 'SeasonsGreetings,' (I prefer to call them that) to all and sundry, because from the blues, some old acquaintance buzzes me.

As much as I would love to go into details, I'll refrain from doing so because I'll only get upset again (anger-rising-from-within-you upset) .

In summary, dude says hi and goes on to ask why I've been in hiding and haven't spoken to him since mid last year.
Then I'm thinking,'Mehn!! That's a longggggggggg time to not even say hi to someone!'
 At this point??? Warning sounds and lights alike are going off in my head. But I ignore them as I'm genuinely puzzled that I wouldn't even say hi to someone or at least send a smiley, and for that long.

   So, we get talking and I ask him work related questions.

Next thing I know?? Dude starts spraying his mouth anyhow and starts making snide comments and lewd remarks; ending each with,'Stop Pretending.'

My jaw drops like.....   :o

Then the light bulb goes off in my head, the foggy memory clears and I REMEMBER!

Chai!

This?? All this??? THIS,here, is why I don't talk to this dude!!!!

He always always talks about females like they are meat to be bought and treated as males wish.

    I had to consciously, consciously o! ( because I type like mad when I'm angry and there's really no telling the ogbogbo bekee akporu Ibo ikhu I would let loose on anyone when I want to).. So consciously? Yes, I kept it all in and just used happy smileys to respond to every dumb thing he said.
   Not the right approach maybe, but it helped me calm down and showed him what a SuleMumunie he was.

This I will have on my mind whenever his name comes up. I,most certainly, will not forget to remember next time.


As much as everyone needs Jesus, some people??? They need a full measure of Jesus; pressed down, shaken together and running over. As in, nga o di nnine!!!!!

Oh well... 

PS: As much as it is important to be intelligent, it also pays to be kind, especially with words.

Have a splendid weekend.



Cee.

Comments

Popular Posts