To Tip Or Not To Tip?

Ohla Bee!!

***And then I crept back in, now I'm a believer. Not a trace of doubt in my mind. I'm in love, I'm a believer; I couldn't leave her if I tried***

So, that's like my new mantra for putting up posts. Hehehehe

Let's see how long it lasts.

Hope you had a splendid weekend!

So! Tipping.

Here's what Wikipedia says it is.

A gratuity (also called a tip) is a sum of money customarily tendered, in addition to the basic price, to certain service sector workers for a service performed or anticipated. Depending on the country, it may be customary to tip servers in bars and restaurants, taxi drivers, hair stylists, and so on.

So, is it customary and required? Appreciated though not expected? Or completely ruled out? Or expected and not appreciated?

I thought I'd do some 'research' on how acceptable it is in other countries and my!

The amount of information out there on tipping is so mind boggling, you'd doze off if you had to go through all the articles on the said subject. From hotels to spas to restaurants; one is expected to hand out tips to concierges, bellmen, valets, waiters, guides,drivers, housekeeping and spas attendants.

 To a large extent, it's legal.

A couple of years back in most of these countries though, if you accepted a tip you'd be fired.

So, I guess the trend evolved and it kinda spread.

However!

There are still cases where it isn't customary, not accepted (Is it safe to say, 'even frowned upon?')

Some industry sectors don't encourage their employees to receive tips. It should be service and smiles. Which is great! I mean, I get that. We want employees with a professional front at all times. So what happens when  I have someone render a service to me in a manner that blows me away and I want to show my appreciation by handing out a tip?

Hehehehehe.

Write them a letter of commendation for service rendered. (Come to think of it, every organization should have those quaint how-do-you-rate-your-experience&our-service cards)

Because I'm thinking; If I'm giving because I'm trying to show appreciation for how I was treated, I'm unconsciously, not expecting my offer to be turned down.

But, what if it is?

I guess that's where this part of the 'research' comes in.

Be discreet and prepared to have your tip refused, especially where people are particularly reserved.

It was such a relief to read that part. (Weird Beings Unite). Some countries don't exactly have a well spelt out rule that says you can or cannot tip, so do you.

Three Scenarios though... Let's make that two.

*************************************************************
'Oga! Alaye Fada! Anything for your boys?!'

Just typing that already has me in stitches. hehehehe. Anything for your boys ko, anything for the Brownies ni. They haven't rendered any sort of service so are they deserving of any tips?

Ina!!!!

 Or this one here!
************************************************************

'Madam, your bags and all these dried food items in Ziploc bags...hmmm. You'll have to drop something for us so we can allow you go through.'


This one here, Blood of Zachariah! How did we get to this?!

Deserving???

Rotflmao.

I'm such a clown, but really isn't it exceptional service and then a tip not, no service and then tip?
Even for the exceptional service bit, there's still the option of not having the tip accepted, si?

So, if it doesn't say it's legal and you haven't done anything to deserve it (even if you have), you can always politely, happily refuse to be tipped, ya? Good.

What even brought on this whole talk? Oh! That Quest Means Business clip.

Hmm...

It's almost Christmas(Yea, I know I say that every other day,lol.)

So, I invented this new machine that creates dimples.

You just lay still, almost like a mammogram except its your cheek against the pad and voilĂ !

One clean dimple...or two.

Stop giggling already! I'll try it out and let you know how well it works,ok?

Have a fun Monday!

Cee.




Comments

Popular Posts