Happy BFFversary and Tradversary!!! Female in Progress 07

Ohla Bee!!

Happy Rainy Thursday! 

It’s our Tradversary and BFF day; May 3rd, yayy!!!!!

Sending loads of hugs and kisses to Keletwiiiiii 😍😍😍

Settle in and enjoy.



*********************************


“What took you so long?!” Fran hurried over to me as soon as we come in.

“I’m so sorry! We lost track of time while at the office and...”

Only then does Fran notice Gbeyiwa who is towering over me with a bottle of White wine which he insisted we stop to buy.

After a long stretch of silence, “You’re making her work weekends too, huh?”

“Considering it’s one off and she gets paid for it, I think it time well spent.”

News flash!

I get paid?!!! Nobody told me! I bet he just made that up on the spot! But yay!!! Extra funds for retail therapy!!

None of them seems to want to back down for the other and just before they resort to blows, with the flared nostrils and all, Tee walks over and wedges herself in between them.

“Wow! My favorite! How did you know?! I saved you both a seat, you can see all the action from that corner. Fran and I will come over occasionally but it might be awhile with the crowd in here! Man! Fran, did you know it was going to be packed this full?! I could’ve sworn I saw...”

I could tell Tee was trying to put everyone at ease. Fran didn’t seem ruffled and was busy sizing up Didi who couldn’t be bothered and seemed to already be in the groove as we walk over to our reserved space.

The ambience is soothing with calming music in the background. I look round and wave at a few faces I recognize. Next thing I know, Didi excuses himself and heads for the gents. I whip out my phone and give Somfe a quick update.

“Babes! See GameOfStares between Fran and your Bros!”

“Hehehehehehe. Westin dey do that your brother sef. Shey he’ll marry you ni? Gbeyiwa is easy on the eyes na! You people shouldn’t stress my big bros o! Ehen how far the party?”

“Owambe pikin. It’s only you who’ll call a wine tasting, party.”

“Ehn! It’s a wine tasting? I thought you said it was Fran’s...”

“Calm down madam!” Sighting Didi, “let me buzz you back, ok? Bye!”

I lean back and watch him make his way back. He is however stopped by a huge teddy bear-like male who grabs him, out of nowhere and makes to punch him. Didi ducks and throw one of his own. Heart in mouth, my eyes dart round to see if anyone else has noticed the exchange. I look back to the pair and they’re both engulfed in a hug.


Puzzled but more at ease now I know they’re not about to create a scene and ruin Fran’s event, I observe.

They laugh and from the look of things, they seem to be old BFFs. It certainly is something to watch, the casual pokes and punches in between the serious talk. They swap phones and exchange numbers. I’d have thought they’d do cards. Another point for me; I read that right.

Didi points in my direction and they both head towards me. Oh no!

“Hey you. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Ran into an old friend. Kome, Elle; Elle, Kome.

“Pleased to meet you.”

“I’ll say!” He looks at me long and hard then turns to Didi, “This one is a keeper, I approve.”

Huh?! Who died and made this one king?!

I keep my smile frozen in place as they continue talking.

“How’s Somfe these days? I can’t wait to see her.”

“Does she know you’re back in town? You should call her before Elle downloads to her, they’re thick as thieves, you know.”

My jaw drops as I stare at them.

Why, I never...!! You know what? I can’t be bothered.
“It was really nice to meet you Mr. Kome. I’ll let you have a head start telling Somfe you’re in town, ok? Unlike some people, I’m not a telltale. If you’ll excuse me.”

I head towards the buffet section and the sight of food spread out as far as the eye could see calms me down some.

The nerve of the guy! Shrugging, “Oh well, I shouldn’t be surprised; birds of the same feather...”

“Talking to yourself?”

I turn round so fast, my head spins. “How long have you been standing there? Didn’t you learn that it’s rude to eavesdrop?”

“Now hold on! I didn’t see anyone beside you. I only wanted to... This isn’t coming out right. I want to apologize if I offended you with what I said earlier. Gb and I have been friends since 4th grade and it takes some getting used to, seeing him hang with real humans and not airheads that want him for what he can give them. Ok, phew! That was a mouthful. Let’s start all over,ok? Hi. I’m Kome. I love your hair!”

Ok, I have to give him points. He’s not as bad as I thought. I do hope Somfe likes him too because it’s becoming hard to not like him; especially with those puppy eyes.

“Hi Teddy Bear.”

“Friends?” I nod. What’s this stupid smile on my face? I can see my tough girl alter ego rolling her eyes at me.

“Let’s hug on that.”

Next thing I know, I’m lifted off my feet and twirled round. I’m giggling out rightly when he sets me down.
“You’re a clown!”

“I know right?! I’m glad we’re good. Plus having you on my side to help sweeten Somfe up is going to be fun! I’ll leave you be before your boyfriend and that dude heading this way, skin me alive. How do you manage with all these guys?!”

He kisses my cheek, winks and saunters off with his plate, which I didn’t notice him fill.

Smooth.
Points!

“They seem to be dropping like flies around you. I didn’t know you and Shuku over there were an item now. Since when did you start getting paid for working weekends anyways?! And who was that guy? I feel like I don’t know you anymore! I demand an explanation!”

I look up at Fran in amazement.
Shuku?? Oh! He must’ve heard me call Gbeyiwa “Didi.” I burst out laughing. Dude yaff vex fa. I pat his cheek, stand on tip-toe to give him a kiss and walk away to the terrace to munch on my chops in peace.


******************************

That’s all folks! 

Counting down to the weekend and my baby sister’s wedding πŸ‘° in June!!!

I absolutely love, LOVE.😍😍😍

Toodles!!!

Cee.

Comments

Popular Posts