...and she sneaks back in.

Hi hi,

Ohla Bee.

I can’t believe I disappeared. Actually,  I can.

Life happened...I’m not even going to dwell on it.

‘.....So, after all said and done, I know I’m not the only one. Life indeed can be fun if you really want to...’

Right lyrics??

That just about sums up my disappearance.

Hehhehehehe. I used to loveeee that song, plus Princess Dee was always singing it every chance she got.  I should put it back on my phone!

Yesterday was a really busy day. Had to run plenty errands after work and make it back in time for a class.

You know how weird it is when people expect a certain sector of the economy to be in tiptop shape- service wise and somehow it is ok for the other sectors to be unorganized? I had that same train of thought yesterday during one of them errands. I went by a church to pick up a letter which I’d earlier handed to over to someone to be delivered to the right person/unit.
I was told it hadn’t been delivered, and the unit had not seen it. I was so upset. All my happy vibes, drained in a second.  And the annoying part of it was having the person I was meeting with make it seem like the incident was normal. My tear ducts went into overdrive and I had to struggle to keep the tears at bay.

Why would someone not take something which is meant to be treated urgently, serious? What excuse would...

I just con't (That's Scar's new word for the week. I can but I won't = con't).

Wo, Cee, can it. Deep breaths.

I felt really bad fa. And if I’d seen the person I’d dropped off the letter with, I’d have smacked his head. Now, imagine if this same being had walked into, say a bank and dropped off an instruction requesting a certain amount be moved from his account to fund a particular project only to be told later that the bank personnel couldn't find the instruction?

We’d be seeing Shrek’s Dragon in action.

Humans and double standards.

If it is wrong, it is wrong.

You know what I think? I think it’s hard when one has certain values/expectations of how certain things ought to work and then you have to deal with other people who have a different outlook to what’s right or wrong.

Say, all your life ya?( Now, I sound like Ekenomolefu) It’s been drummed into you to be punctual, it’s now second nature to you. Then you get moved to a multi-national company where coming an hour after resumption time is seen as super early. That would be like swimming against the tide.

Then again, there are certain things, I think, that should be basic. Everyone should know and act that way.

Thank you. Please . Sorry.

Delivering items to their rightful owner when someone hands it to you for in trust.

This one here! Reminds me of an incident that almost made me repeat what I did in 1557.

Sometime back , I had someone drop off stuff for some colleagues. Two weeks after the items had been sent, another colleague calls me up to ask if it had skipped my mind to drop off the said items. I had to start calling the dispatch person and the other colleague who had received the items. Turns out, she took the bit that was hers and conveniently forgot to inform others that they had a package.

And the package was perishable!

Two weeks!

I was furious! 

could've turned her into a shrimp! Or, Sebastian the crab.

The good side to all these incidents though, would have to be the lesson learnt: To get anything done right, you should do it yourself.

Or, breathe down the neck of whoever is meant to handle it.

Hehehehe.

And lower your expectations of others! To give your heart and blood pressure a rest.

On a lighter note, I finally got to see The Notebook. I keep saying I’d see it and I’ve seen its other first cousins; The Vow and all the other Love-will-conquer-it-all series.
I think for everything we do, we should ask ourselves, ‘Will this matter to me in 5 years time?’ or ‘Will this be important if I had 2 weeks left to live?’

When all else fails to help put things in perspective, pause and breath!

It’s great to be back!

Merry Christmas!


Cee

Comments

Popular Posts