Parenting Series 01 - 'Books.'

Ohla Bee!

Compliments of the Season!

So I was thinking... since I'm almost always raving about my wee lass Kiara, maybe I should devote one day every week to putting up funny pictures or tales of her escapades all week long.

Today's a great day to start.



I’ve always loved books. 

Now the 'books' in this sense, are more of step-by-step, how-to instructions revolving round everything life throws at you. 

The kind of knowledge one only gets experiencing things first hand. 

Like don’t you also think there should be books for every season?



*Books for how to handle family to-be when you’re about to get married and how to keep your emotions in check when the talk of sending emissaries to your clan to check out your family’s history, teeth records, OSU status etc. comes up.

* Books to help you handle how your body goes through stuff and changes when you’re expecting a wee one( somehow I think there are books for this… But what I really mean is a book that takes you through the works, almost like that Baby Nurture App… A calming, soothing, pampering book, if there ever is any book such as this, please point me in the direction of that library's aisle.

*Books that go with you through the turmoil and heart wrenching days before the wee one makes an appearance. ( then again, no two births are ever the same. Though I must say it wouldn’t hurt to have some great reading material that'd  help calm your nerves before the twins arrive).

* Books with even more information on how to handle yourself when the wee lass or lad finally makes an appearance. Somewhat like a lexicon you can always go back to check that you are on the right path to ascertain how fast you, the mom should be healing, how to cope with the way you feel about yourself and the new lass/lad… You get my drift?( I guess that's where moms come in.. But what happens if you don't have a mom or you don't get some elderly mom figure to help you out?)

*Books to help you cope with breastfeeding, how to express enough for your child, how not to feel guilty if you're still expressing or bf-ing your child after the 1year mark, etc.

* Books to help you cope with letting your child leave the nest and mingle with other children on their first day at school. Some kind, happy reading to help you cope with being a fraud- *insert bawling smiley here*

I guess I’m feeling this way because today’s Kiara’s first day at school and I wish I could check on her every other second to be sure she’s doing ok... Oh well, like Babie Oku said, she’ll be fine. I can’t wait to get home though!

Oh and P.S? It wouldn’t hurt if all the above info were contained in one book, please.  It can even be the same book where you go to check who you’re destined to marry or end up with.

I totally think that would save us all the heartache and pain of archaic hand fasting practices and it’s first cousins.

Let me go back to hiding behind my system and blanking my tear ducts for the remaining hours before we go to pick her.

Loads of hugs in the New Year!

Double P.S

I was robbed on me way to work on the 2nd of January, so I’m still counting down to when my new phone sails in to take pictures and goof around as is me usual practice.

Toodles!


Cee

Comments

Popular Posts