Things I've Learned.

Ohla Bee,

And a Merry Christmas? I feel like the Grinch that stole Christmas. It'z Christmas in 10, TEN days and I still haven't planned or done anything. It doesn't feel like it's December, talk more, Christmas. I can't smell anything Christmasy yet, haven't seen any agbalumo either and there's just so much going on that I feel the 25th would breeze past leaving me dazed.

So back to my Things I've Learned...Ope l'ope Baby. (Thanks to Baby)


1. Twice the charm:  And I say this tongue-in-cheek. You know how you pray for twins and do not really understand the work involved when it comes to caring for them? Now is the time to really ask yourself if that's what you truly want. Two babies to love, all at once?? Yessiree! Sign me up for one set!

2. All eyes on me:  'Me' here means Baby. Once baby is here, you have to basically plan everything around her...at least for the first few months while you work on establishing a routine. Everyone will ooh and ahh over her every move but remember to take care of yourself too! Healthy mom, happy baby ( or something like that).

3. Baby... and me: It's exactly as it states. Baby first. Then Mom. Even if you haven't the slightest selfish bone in your being; the moment baby comes, you try to grab as much time with her as you can. Don't be surprised to find yourself calculating how much time you can get to spend with her while you're away at wok. It also helps if you've set a stellar record at work. You will need it for when you fall short and need to draw from the wells of your splufik self, hehehehehe.

4. Sleep is overrated??: Still inconclusive as I'm still testing out this theory. Will come back with a chart showing how many pendulums/head bobs I do in a day. Nonetheless, you will look back on your honeymoon-preggie days and beg God to forgive you for grumbling about sleep.

5. Love like no other: When babies hiccup, I'm told the act stretches their tummy and widens it. The same applies to you and how you feel for your little one. Just looking at them and you'll be in awe of God's grace upon your life. Hehehehehe. You will be sooo smitten, you'll yobbbbb it.

6. Worrywart: Be careful not to fall into this trap. Once a worrier... If it's something you can't change, you need not worry. If it is, Go Mom!

7. Wish upon a star:  More like, 'Wish upon an octopus!' You will wish you had more arms! To do all you need to in a day. The key to not being overwhelmed? Prioritize. Concentrate more on your bundle of joy and less on trivial things like arranging the throw pillows in a symmetric style. Take in as much as you can of your baby because she'll be 1 if you blink!

Oh! I was going to put up a dark picture of my LO so I can pretend she's a splitting image of me. Hehehehehe.

Here goes.



Now, if I'd had twins, I would have double that dose of cuteness. Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Maybe next 6 years.

Off to work up some Christmas Spirit.

Merry Christmas,

Ho Ho Ho!


Cee.










Comments

Popular Posts