#WorkFromHome Series - Day 2 & 3: "Are you Happy?"


Ohla Bee,

How are you holding up?

Hope you’re finding new ways like I am, to stay energized and motivated even as we all work from home?

It is so easy to throw yourself into work when you’re in the actual office environment but what happens when you’re surrounded by your babies?

The internet is awash with a lot of ingenious ideas about keeping your babies entertained while you work. Now add the #VirtualLearning offerings by schools and boom! Congratulations! You have successfully updated your app, RatRace to the 3.0 version.

Here’s a little secret…my mantra for when I begin to feel overwhelmed. “Where's the learning in this experience and how can I achieve all of this better?”
Currently, I try to calm my racing heart and think of the many opportunities this WFH experience has given me such as:

·        *  Watching my LO grow and learning more about her personality (she's amazing!) 
·        *  Spending time with family.
·        *  An avenue to remain safe in the face of the growing pandemic.
·        *  An opportunity to be consistent in my passion projects.

I could go on! That’s the thing with counting your blessings and seeing the glass as half full. 

Recently, I came across an Instagram post requiring the viewers to tag a hyper, super happy and positive being that seems to have everything sorted and I was tickled when I saw my BFF had tagged me.

‘Kinda reminds me of a personality article I’d read in the past about the 3 layers to you – the mask, lower and higher self.
There’s:
 the you which everyone knows and which you put out there (the mask) regardless of whatever doubts your lower self keeps throwing at you and finally the real you whose abilities are limitless once you set your heart to it (the higher self).

Which brings me back to my IG post gist. It felt good that someone would peg me a super hyper and positive person and it got me thinking how true it is when people say, “…in doing, we become.” (Ok, nobody says that but me lol).

I make a conscious effort to be happy because I believe happiness is a choice. I mean the sky would fall anyways and it wouldn’t matter if I was happy or sad. So, I choose happiness and positivity because life can throw curve-balls your way and gloomy is most definitely not a good look on anyone.

Not even Eeyore.

                                                         Source: Pinterest
                                                    
So, here’s my positive proclamation as I navigate through the week.

“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!”

If it can be done, then I’m going to find smarter, better ways to get it done without losing touch with my positive, goofy, happy self. Now that I think of it, someone once told me I needed to grow up because I was chirpy and happy. Go figure!

I hope you stay true to yourself especially amidst all that’s happening globally with COVID-19. I hope that this time gives you the opportunity to reconnect not just with your favorite people but above all, with YOU.

What's your positive acclamation?

Loads of hugs, positivity and sunshine!

Cee

Comments

Popular Posts