Be Kind...Just Because.

Ohla Bee,

Oh February,I see you peeking out from behind January. You can be sure we can't wait to meet you!

I like to think of myself as always striving to be free of drama. I would be the first to avoid any confrontation, step down so everyone else can have a go, offer to fill in so there'd be peace.(which everyone else I know would do too.) The way I see it, I must have been injected with something during them vaccine-taking days; that makes me want to simply stay out of the line of fire.

However, there are days when the outspoken me comes out of hibernation. I was watching Hidden Figure and every fiber of my being was disturbed by the segregation that was portrayed in the movie.
Seriously???

How did they all live through that era?!

Two signs EVERYWHERE;  For Whites and For Colored??

The Heart of man is truly evuuuuuuuuulllll. And they teach kids the same thing so the trend is passed on from generation to another! It is glaring, the insecurity they felt towards each other. Why else would you look past the physical attributes of another being and zoom in on the fact that the color of their skin is different from yours?? Mgbayen nko? When then? Does it look like a human? Act like a human? Then it is human and thus should be entitled to all things other humans get.

I mean, forgive me Lord, but if God wanted He would have made all of us clones of each other like the robots in I-Robot. His word says, ' He made all things beautiful... He made man in the image of God, in His own image He made them...' Where then, do all these iwa buruku (bad behavior) stem from?

Insecurity.

And fear.

It is well.

Imagine running down to Ogbomosho from Lagos just because one wants to take a bathroom break?! And to think even in our modern day work environment, this same trend thrives! Why else then would someone new come into a work space and everyone starts forming busy and no one takes the time to get the newcomer to stand out and excel in their own way? ( Because we cannor come and be saying, 'fit in' as we are not clones of each other mbok).

And you'd hear people say, 'So? No one taught me anything when I joined.'

All we are saying here basically, is BE KIND.

Just because.


Cee.




Comments

Popular Posts