Lookee who came out of hiding.


Ohla Bee-zy Bumble Bee.

How's you these days? 

Remember that whimsical wedding list I drew up eons ago? It's beginning to seem really appealing. I just wonder what Ekenomolefu would say.

Hmmm..

I need a holiday! And my mommy!

Finally putting up a continuing post. Maybe I need a PA while I'm at it or a desktop alarm. Something yellow and pink to match the other colors on my desk.

**Drifts off to cloud B614**

So, here goes.

****************************************************************************


Buzz.
Buzz.
Buzz.
Buzz.

“Ahn Ahn!” Whoever said being a lady was easy surely hadn’t tried wiggling out of a camisole with braids wrapped in a scarf obstructing one’s progress. Why do I even try! Slipping off the straps and rolling it down would have been the easy way but do I do that? No!  Now, I seriously wonder who the being buzzing my phone is!! Buzz once and get no reply, won’t you stop already?!!!

I have a feeling it’d be Somfe. Probably buzzing to find out when I’d be free. I haven’t even touched my food!
Frowning I pick up my phone and it’s Tomi. Isn’t she downstairs? I couldn’t even be bothered. Let Tweedledee and Doo sort themselves out. This referee is on break.
Hehehe.
I lay down on my belly and dig in.
Sweet Cherubs and gummy bears!! This boy can cook!!!! Where was I when he grew up and polished this skill, talent of his?!!

Eyes closed and sighing out loud, I pause to take a picture. I may not know half as much as he does but I do know that even if you recreate a meal, it never looks exactly like the first time. Besides, putting together a cook’s look book wouldn’t hurt now, would it?                   Going back to look at the picture, I see that it would look a lot better if I didn’t have it taken on the bed. Presentation, they say; is everything, right?

“Whatever! This memory will serve me well on then days when I’m drinking garri.”
I reach out for my laptop to check my office mail and then stop.
Could he have sent me a memo? For my behavior? It wasn’t even that serious na, kilo le to yen?
Then again, do I really want to know today?
Ignorance in this case, is truly bliss. It can wait. I push the laptop away and stretch happily on the bed, careful not to stain my sheets with my empty plate.
“Ehen! Where is that phone again?”
I check and see that Somfe has been buzzing so I call back.
“Where have you been?”
“Hi hi you”
“I’m at your gate, come downstairs!”
“I already undressed!!!!! Come in!”
“You had better come out now before I punch you!”
Then she hangs up.

“Argghhhhhh!” I scream. 
“Just because it’s you o!” I mutter under my breath as I search for something to wear. I’m just going to be standing outside or worse case, going to her house.
I finally dig out my all time favorite top; a white SpongeBob top Fran gifted me with on one of his I-love-my-sister days. Smiling to myself as I pull it over my head and pull up my shorts, I think of how blessed I am to have such a cutie; at heart and on the outside, as my brother.

  Phone in hand, other hand trying to give my hair some semblance of order; I walk downstairs. It is quiet, which is weird considering how those Tweedles never keep quiet when they are around each other. I keep walking, this time on tiptoe. It would be hilarious to startle them.
I stop.
They are seated on the couch and cuddled against each other watching something…probably some food channel. Fran’s 2nd fan and biggest supporter after me would be Tomi. She’d happily give up her program on Telemundo so he’d watch his.
 I’m about to scream and scare them when they share some kind of joke and laugh, then settle back with him hugging her and kissing her on the head.
He does love her!
I knew that. But he really does love her! There’s no way she wouldn’t know that now, is there? Maybe I should… Nah. He can take care of his ‘bidness.’
 I wait a sec and then jump out screaming. Apparently I need to brush up on my scare tactics because they don’t even blink
.
“Where are you off to?” Fran asks.
“To the moon. Som is outside. What are you guys up to?”
“Telemundo.” Tomi says happily. I wonder what she sees in them movies.
Mouthing the words, I ask Fran if he asked her on a real date yet, while pointing at my ring finger and he just waves me away like I’m smoke.
“Ask her already!” I say when Tomi looks back at us.
This boy has been acting all weird. Tell her or I will. See me crying more than the bereaved.
I leave them be and walk out.
***
At the gate, Somfe is waiting in her loyal stead.
We hug and she says she came to drag me to her place.
“I have work tomorrow.”
“But it’s Friday. You can sleepover at my place and pick something from my wardrobe for work.”
We are at her place in no time. And she starts again about me staying over.
“I guess I could. I’d have to call Fran though so he knows I won’t be back. Tomi’s with him”
We walk into the living room.
“So when’s the wedding?”
“Whose?”
“Fran and Tee’s”
I fall on the couch laughing.
“We haven’t bought the goose and you’re already envisaging golden eggs!”
“Hahahaha” She laughs and walks towards the dining area while I grab her phone to look at pictures.
I’m about to tease her about her wallpaper when someone walks in from behind.

“Som, change this scary theme for the …” I say as I raise myself on my elbows on the couch where I’ve camped. I’m about to continue when I look behind and the words freeze in my throat.

Comments

Popular Posts