Dissecting Movies: While We're Young.

Ohla Bee,

Happy Public Holidays!!!!!!!!!!

***Long babble ahead.***

I wonder why I'm so happy anyways. Well, I may be at work during the period but at least everyone else will be resting and work wouldn't have that formal-aura.

So, I was combing my mane and found a strand of wisdom hair(that's what Ekenomolefu calls it).

You know how you can tell that the years are speeding past by;

* How much your baby brother has grown and how deep his voice has gotten?

*How long ago it has been since you left boarding school?

(...and other instances that I'd rather not bring up.) but it never reallyyyy dawns on you that you're not as young as you used to be?

It just struck me, I''m becoming ancient!

Don't get me wrong now. I've always known. It's not like I could've missed it anyways, what with them plenty birthdays year in-year out.

Hmmm... The next thing you know I'll already have them twins!

Was watching this movie about a couple and how they met this  young, 'cool' couple in their early 20s and thought to act like them. Maybe because they wanted something different or wanted to block the fact that they'd become the aged parents they were trying to avoid, arthritis and all.

It wasn't one of those mind blowing, blockbuster movies that keep you hanging on to their every move and word. It was almost like a documentary. Now, before you slay me, documentaries are cool.
With this movie though, I had to make myself watch it. I mean, if they produced it, surely there must be something to it,si?

So amidst yawns, I finally got to the interesting part of the movie. Turns out the young couple played a fast one on the older couple (who thought their new friends were honest and generous). They used their connections to produce their own movie and were more like the kind of people who'd do anything behind your back of course, to get ahead while making everything seem like it was your idea.

And when they were asked to own up to it, everyone seemed to think it was ok. More like, the end product-the movie, was really good so who cares if they lied about some parts while making it.
That gave me food for thought. It seemed like they were portraying the older generation as always wanting to cut corners and do everything to get ahead. That in itself would be 'acting smart'. I guess you could say no one cares about the details of the process as much as they do the end result.

So, lie, cheat,kill, fake it. Who cares. So long as you make it,huh?

That's sad.

I guess the older couple never expected to have the rug pulled from beneath them. They soon learnt to act their age and be them. A lot of what happened probably did because they were trying to be who they weren't.

Finally, I've come to realize that most times, we have a brilliant idea of how things would be say, if we switched bodies or became someone else. Or how well we'd be or act if only things were this way or that.

Hmmm...

One thing worth noting is that the grass is never greener on the other side. Whatever brilliant conclusion you arrive at just by catching a glimpse of an idea or reality is not in actual terms the real thing you'd get if/when you're eventually served the full meal.

Kam's memory verse keeps ringing in my ears; the hazards of babysitting. Everything you hear sticks.
Sofia's soundtrack, Phil Collins' songs from Tarzan. Even the Frozen soundtrack.

Psalms 26 verse 2,

             "Examine me O Lord and prove me,
               Try my reins and my heart."


Still trying to get used to this new *** Hopefully, I'll get a hang of it before the end of the week.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a handheld game again? Must've been yesterday when I saw something about the death of Nintendo's CEO.

In no particular order;

* A Nintendo or some other handheld game,

* A Maltipoo puppy and,

*A  Radio gig.


Counting down to the holidays!

Have fun!

Cee.





Comments

Popular Posts