Parenting Series...Baby Sponges



Happy Thursday!

Thursday’s my favorite day of the week with good reason!

It’s the last work day and it gives you renewed hope that all is well in your universe😋🤪
It’s also a reminder of two full days I get to spend with my little one.

Recently, I noticed she’s been exercising her right to the the word, “No,” so it isn’t odd to hear her say No to everything even to things she’d normally say yes to.

For instance, if I held out a bottle of water while she’s hiccuping, she’s be quick to say,”No,” even when it’s obvious she needs to take a sip. I’ve learnt not to try to enforce my will because I’m bigger than she is but allow her understand the consequences of her actions

Then again, if it’s in the best in the best interest of the child, it has to be enforced right?

So, this is to encourage you as you raise one of the most amazing beings ever created. You’re doing a great job and there’s definitely room to learn more on the job because that’s what we do anyways. And I’d know! Half the time, (probably even all the time!)I can’t boast and say I’m an expert on every other child but I do know mine and I can day for sure that I’m learning from her even more than I’m teaching her!

To all parents, guardians; keep up the good work. It might not seem like anything but you know what they say about little pitchers... just like 🧽 sponges, they soak up everything.

May a god continue to bless and keep you, may His grace see you through every step of the way as you raise future Kong’s and Queens for the Kingdom of God, Amen!


Love,

Cee

Comments

Popular Posts