Unity in Diversity...Or not.

Ohla Bee,

O ma to ojo meta!

Hmm.. Thank God for big mercies. 

For life, love, family and home.

So.

Different perculiarities - One race.


Regardless of our diversity, there are a number of things that bind us.

Top on the list is Laughter.

Laughter can be understood by all. Regardless of the language difference.

Love binds us too. Though these days one has to be careful in the usage of the word. It turns out it has evolved, based on pop culture.

So we can also say love is universal( except there are variants and modifications to it, based on different beings.)

What else is on the Universal Channel? Hmm... Let's see.. Integrity - 306, Genuine care- 309 (ok, that's first cousins with love, so scrap that bit).

Photography is Universal too.

Every morning on my way to work, there are thousand things( ok, that's stretching it) that speak to the photographer in me. 
  • The Power Plant just by Osbourne, Ikoyi that looks like the perfect spot in the movies where the serial killer dumps his unsuspecting victims after sawing them in half or binding their 'praying hands' with a rosary.
  • The view of the sunrise from my floor at work; simply breathtaking!
  • People jogging (Now, if only their exercise levels could be tapped into like WiFi and translated into my life, Oluwa o!)
  • The different energy levels in the expressions you see on the faces of people in their cars; Sleepy and downright grumpy on Monday mornings on their way to work and Garfield-happy on Fridays on their way home.


The list is endless.

We are different in so many ways yet so alike.

I was privileged to have lunch with colleagues from the Cotonou-Benin Republic and I couldn't help but hang my head in shame after struggling to say, ' what is your name?'

The beautiful lady, on the other hand, was soo fluent in English and yet so modest. She took out time to answer my thousand and onety one questions in English and I was blown away when she switched back to French and was chatting away.

Truly, what you label common is exotic to someone else.

In between the lunch gist, she talked about her kids and how they speak English impeccably. Now, that's already a resume to travel the world with. French and English? Bad-ass combo if you ask me.
At some point I had to ask her to adopt me. Teach me o, mbok!

I should dust out my Duolingo App and start afresh; while I'm at it, I might as well add Irish. ( See this one, start from, 'On your marks'  first before clearing out a corner of your shelf to place Medals won. lol).

Oh well.

What's that one thing that ignites the happy being in you? You know you hsould take time out to indulge and grow that area of your life, right?

So, off you go!

15 minutes each day and you'll be surprised how soon you become a Pro!

Running to charge my phone, Duolingo Time.

Loads of hugs!

Cee.

Comments

Popular Posts