Hoozah! We're back!

Ohla and a Smurfilicious Tuesday!

It seems like light years since I put up a post. I would never have thought time would fly so fast, my head is still spinning:-)

You know how you never really know about certain things till you're actually set to venture into the area in question? Like dissecting a frog (Ok, that's a bit too extreme). Or jumping through loops while preparing to get married; church requirements and all. Oh! That's when people you thought to be Christ like suddenly start remembering the laws of their ancestors and start using terminologies you never even knew existed.

Or when you're pregnant and every one suddenly has advice to help your ministry.

'You should use a safety pin on each item of clothing you wear. It helps...' ( I forgot to ask what that actually does for you).

'You should always have a pebble in you pocket. It shields you from ...' ( Don't ask why I only remember half of the pearls of wisdom. I'd hear one bit and the rest would fly right over my head:-D )

So back to the beginning. You know how you never really know until you do?( read as DO, /du:/ verb meaning perform. First cousins with undertake) That's how it is being pregnant.

You find out you have a tiny being growing inside you and it doesn't really dawn on you till;

     *You go for your first ultrasound( I wonder how them doctors can even tell one squishy jelly like frame from the next) or;

     *You listen to the galloping-horse sound of your baby's heartbeat on the Doppler fetal monitor( even then it probably still doesn't click in your head. For all you know, that could be the machine malfunctioning, tor!);

     *You start showing and you see yourself waddling around like the Momma penguin in Pingu or;

     *You actually feel la bambino move. That's completely surreal.

If you're anything like me, you still may not comprehend the miracle happening inside of you even then. You know its happening but you don't fully understand to what extent your life is changing. You never really do.

Being pregnant brings out the best (or worst) in you. For me, let's just say it brought out the Happy in me ( remember the dwarf? Dopey's brother? Yes, him. Funny how Keletwi doesn't even know their names! The dwarfs. He only knows Grumpy, lol).

I was extra giggly, even my laugh changed. Hehehehehe

I'm happy I got to experience it, and although I wouldn't change anything, I would totally love it if people voiced their concerns towards the female in waiting in a ,umm, more  tactful,subtle manner.

Whatever it is you're thinking and about to voice? If it isn't kind?

Don't.

Just. Don't.

Danke.

I am thankful. Thankful to God for the gift of life and grace and strength.

And I'm thankful for me.

Loads of hugs and kisses,

Cee.


PS, we should be together too. Hehehehe. That's from Eminem's song, Stan. I just couldn't help myself. (Keletwi and his elephant memory. He remembers everything!!! My own personal walking encyclopedia. All I need do is say the first word and he'll remember the rest! We just started rapping and giggling at 3am and he remembers all the words! Me, I'm sounding like a broken record. Lol)

So I was going to say, 'PS, I should totally do a birth and delivery tale.'

And I would.

In a bit.

Oh, I almost forgot!

Just in case you have to answer your final million dollar question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Toodles!

















Comments

Popular Posts