Merry Christmas!

Ohla Bee!

Fa la la la la!!!!!!

Finallyyyy. I can say, 'Merry Christmas'  as many times as I want without someone looking at me funny.

Merry Christmas!

And back to normalcy too!

I don't have to think or smell or feel anything wedding related. It seemed like the theme for 2015 was Everything Weddings. From the trad to the church wedding, it's amazing how I didn't lose my mind and in turn do something drastic like color my hair red or purple ( though the mermaid hair looked really appealing!) or pierce my bellybutton with a matching tattoo( That wouldn't have happened, what with someone's fear of pain).

I wonder why there isn't some kind of manual that prepares you. After all when you're a child, no one asks if you want to be a samosa when they start sending you to class to learn ABC and Geography. So, let's assume before you get married, you're a child. The same rule should apply. You get surface knowledge passed on to you about the stress you'll face if you decide to get married.

Hmm..

Humans.

We thrive on making things difficult for others! And though I understand the it's-forever-and-not-something-that-should-be-taken-lightly-hence-all-the-protocol ideology, I must say you never really understand anything till you sign up for it.

Remember the days when you attended weddings simply as a guest and took pictures of the couple  (whatever happens to those pictures anyways?? I know I send mine to the couple and thereafter delete them. But what happens if you don't take any? I guess the earth doesn't stand still. Hmm. Anyways).

Then after the pictures, the toast and the food/drinks?

I bet you never took time out to think of how stressful it was putting the whole gig together. And then to have someone crawl out from nowhere and complain about how the food was great/ not great, how they didn't get any party favors and some other things I just can't wrap my mind round; is just arrrggghhhhh!!!!!!

It's like someone once said,..

       'The wedding is complete where there's the man and the woman
                              the officiating priest/pastor
                               and two witnesses.
                               Other events or persons are extras.'

And it totally makes plenty sense!

The tangled web we weave!

You try to do everything to make the day perfect (Oh, and by the way? Perfection is overrated) and for whom really? What are your motives? Perfect day for you the couple or perfect day for your guests( some of whom you hadn't spoken to till talk of your wedding came up & whom you wouldn't speak to afterwards... or maybe till you have triplets?)

We really should take it easy and stop making things hard for others and especially ourselves.

I'd always dreamed of having a super quiet day and sometime during the week.

That was what I had.

It was fun.

It was more of a hangout/meet and greet event than a wedding. Quaint and very cosy.

Purrrrfect!

I'll put up pictures in another post hopefully. Thank God for big mercies. And thank you to everyone that helped out and showed up!

The year was really fast! Sped past like Lightning McQueen! lol.

I learnt a lot this year. Made mistakes, learnt from them. Rediscovered myself. Worked more on being me. God's love, sure, is supreme. He holds us up when we don't even know it, when we need it the most. He's always there.

For 2015, thank you Jesus!

And thank you Chio, Okwyz, Momie, Fran and everyone I hold dear.

God bless us; everyone!


Cee!




Comments

Popular Posts